Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lemony

.
Loved the reference photo provided by Lela Stankovic for the recent challenge at her blog PADT. At PADT your work gets critiqued by fellow artists which is always a good experience as you get to know your weak and strong points.
It was absolutely fun painting these lemons,bright shiny colors.The real challenge I feel was painting the translucent container.I also loved painting the blurred view outside the window and feel it came up well.The only area of concern according to me is the table top.Not really satisfied with it,editing needed but a lazy bug in me asked me to do it later :)

4 comments:

  1. Nice painting. According to me the challenging part was to capture the translucent container. You have captured this nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks DD.Glad to know you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yasha, your art is lovely, just like your name!
    I like the texture and shine on the lemons here.Beautiful painting.
    Nice meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Arti,for complimenting my name and my work.I highly appreciate your visit

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...